Membership Development Action Plan
International Jazz Day AZ Foundation Association
To recruit and retain high-quality Int’l Jazz Day AZ Social Club Members, our membership development plan should have the following action steps: 1. Identify 2. Introduce 3. Invite 4. Induct 5. Inform and orient 6. Involve 7. Educate
- Identify well-qualified members of our Jazz community to be members of your
- Jazz Day AZ club. These individuals should be of strong character and have a commitment to service. This focus on quality will improve your Jazz Day club’s membership retention.
- Introduce prospective members to International Jazz Day AZ Foundation by informing them about International Jazz Day AZ Foundation programs and our club’s service efforts. Compile this information in a Jazz Day AZ club profile that can be presented to visitors or inserted into copies of the Int’l Jazz Day AZ brochure and given to all visitors. Our next issue of 602 & 504 magazine is also a good introduction to Int’l Jazz Day AZ Foundation. A prospective member who has been introduced to Jazz Day AZ Foundation by enthusiastic Jazz Lovers and is informed about the Jazz Day AZ club’s projects before joining is more likely to become involved and remain active.
- Invite a prospective member to become a Jazz Day AZ club member with a personal visit from both the proposer and a member of the club’s membership committee. This two-person visit provides the prospective member with a second contact in the club, one who brings additional Jazz Day AZ knowledge and experience. Jazz Lovers extending the invitation should know the personal interests and abilities of the prospective member in order to point out Jazz Day club activities and projects.
Induct new members in a dignified and meaningful manner. Use the induction ceremony as an opportunity to explain the benefits and responsibilities of being a Jazz Day AZ member. Our Jazz Day AZ club should provide a new member with the following items: • Jazz Day AZ lapel pin • Jazz Day AZ Membership identification card • Copy of the Jazz Day AZ club news letter • District directory • Latest House and Senate district’s monthly Int’l Jazz Day letter • The Jazz Lovers or 504/602 magazine • List of local clubs for make-up meetings • Jazz Day AZ Club badge • IJDAZ Foundation Club history • Jazz Day AZ Club banner If possible, invite family members to attend. During the ceremony, offer new members the opportunity to give a five-minute talk about themselves, their businesses, and their families. The induction ceremony should leave new members feeling enthused about membership.
- .Inform and Orient new members about our Jazz Day AZ club and the Foundation by focusing on the following areas: • Benefits of membership •
BY JOINING OUR MEMBERSHIP CLUB YOU WILL BE DOING YOUR PART IN SAVING MUSIC IN OUR SCHOOLS